FRIDAY MORNING 7/13: I am making the following list of stuff that I need to do over the upcoming three days of rain. Lets see if I can do it!
MONDAY MORNING 7/16: Comments in green!
° Old generator - clean carbs/tank, tune up and sell.
FAIL! I decided to forego cleaning the carbs and spending any money on this thing. I took some pics, placed an ad in Craigslist and waited....and waited....and waited. Two guys emailed me, even though my phone number was in the ad, and offered trades. I am trying to get rid of stuff, not exchange stuff.
° Clean old caulk off of Goiot 30 hatch frame.
WIN! This was much easier than the window frames. Before:
° Remove Goiot 30 teak hatch base from cabin top.
FAIL! I did not step in the boat once over the whole weekend.
° Sort my shorts. Yes, really!
WIN! This amounted to reorganizing the spare bedroom (the sail loft) and the closet in that room. This room has two six foot long folding tables sitting side by side in the middle of the room. The walls are lined with stacks of old stuff I have taken out of the boat along one wall and new and as yet not installed stuff along another wall and under the tables. It is now uncluttered again and I will be able to put even more stuff in there YAY!
° Sew buttons back on shorts that need it. Move others!
FAIL! I just simply was not feeling the sewing bug. Besides, beer and needles could be dangerous!
° Move charts upstairs and sort/catalog.
WIN kinda! I bought a nearly complete set of British Admiralty charts of the world that came off of a recently wrecked freighter. The set does not include very many small scale (ports) charts but the important ones are there. The set is made up of mostly large scale charts that cover the globe, 100 pounds worth. Here is a pic of the boxes they arrived in:
And here I have moved them to the sail loft upstairs and sorted in numerical order. I want to go through them and catalog them so I can see what I have and what I need to complete the set.
° Fix ID lanyard.
WIN! Low hanging fruit, fixed with gorilla glue.
° Remove old epoxy from paint pots, clean up stirrers and spreaders.
WIN! Cleaned up while I had my morning coffee in the boat yard (back porch) while it rained.
° Re-install shaft log and permanently mark alignment inside boat.
FAIL! Didnt get in the boat.
° Remove winches from winch pedestals. Inspect winches.
WIN! But it was not easy! On the port side, larger Barient 22 winch, two bolts did not cooperate. I had to force their submission by drilling the heads off and punching them through. No damage was done to the winch or the pedastal because I was careful although frustrated. Check it out:
And BANG again!
Check this out, one of the older winches was being held on by one bolt. The rest had backed off. None of them had lock washers.
° Poke around/inspect the rudder shoe and gudgeons.
Eh, I took some pics, so WIN!
° Plan companionway hatch and sea hood. Make a material list, place order.
FAIL! I am doing it today though! I am going to make these out of G10 laminate and possibly Coosa board.
° Measure deadlight lens and forward hatch lens. Make a material list, place order.
WIN! Ordered five 12"x24"x3/16" smoke tinted lexan sheets.
° Measure for and order Bomar inspection hatch for cockpit floor.
WIN! I ordered the nice aluminum version.
I had a great weekend even if it did rain off and on the whole time.